Friday, August 26, 2011

Bouncing back from Young Life

I've taken my recent failure in the young life triathlon a bit hard, but I should mention some small measures of success I've been having as well.  This past Thursday I reclaimed the overall mileage lead in the Thursday morning running group.  Since the miles reset July 1st I've ran 71 miles.  It's not an official competition, but I like to see how I stack up against some of the other runners. Also I reached my goal in the YMCA's frequent Yer program this summer.  Since June 1st I've gone to the gym 60 times and received a duffle bag as a prize. They haven't all been the greatest workouts, but I'm definitely noticing some positive changes as a result of the frequent trips to the gym.

Looking ahead I realized that Surf the Murph has a 50k option in addition to the 50 miler I was looking at doing.  The 50k should be a more appropriate challenge for me and I'm starting to set my sights on it.  I haven't committed yet, but I'm going to start training with that as the primary goal. Perhaps I can talk some of my running buddies into joining me for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment