Saturday, August 3, 2013

2013 Vacation Day 8

Gooseberry Falls
After dealing with the parking nightmare that Duluth was we decided to get out of town and head to Gooseberry Falls for some hiking and geocaching. After eating breakfast I loaded up the Garmins and we set out on our day trip.  When we arrived in Gooseberry I discovered that I didn't have as many caches loaded up as I thought I did.  We made the best of it, and found the ones in the park and had a very enjoyable hike. When it started to heat up we decided to cache along the way back to Duluth.  Oddly enough a few of the caches we found had just been found by a friend from Moorhead just a few days prior to our visit.  It was neat seeing a familiar name on the log sheet.  When we made it back to Duluth it was supper time.  We went to the black bear for supper.  The view from the restaurant was nice and the food was good, but I was a little disappointed.  After supper we called it an early night since we were both pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment