Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Started

I thought I'd try to share some of my adventures here as well as information about my training and planing that goes into them. I'm not sure I'll stick with this, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

My latest adventure was Friday night. 8 of us went running near Hawley after work in some nasty weather.  The temp was around 5° F with the wind from the north at between 15 and 20 mph. Erin and I picked up or friends Rick and Kristi and then headed over to Maggie and Cory place to meet up with them, Rachel and Tim. by the time we got out to the church it was dark and light snow had been falling for a while leading to small drifts on the rural gravel roads. Tim who was still nursing an injury did not run, but brought his snowshoes along and stayed near where we parked.  At first when we started running we were all very quiet, I suspect we were all thinking how crazy it was to be out running in those conditions.  After a mile or so we started to warm up and got a little more talkative. Conditions improved when we turned East after starting the run traveling straight into the north wind. At the 3 mile mark we turned around and headed back to the church we had parked at. Rick, Kristi, Erin and I had only planned on running 6 and heading back to town while Cory would drive along with Maggie and Rachel as they ran 12 more miles.  Tim got a ride back to town with us as he didn't want to wait for Rachel and Maggie to finish their run.  After dropping Tim, Rick and Kristi off Erin and I headed over to Applebees for half priced appetizers.  We ate more then we probably should have and headed home exhausted after a long day and hard run.

No comments:

Post a Comment