Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut

The end of 2010 was rather busy for me.  Between Thanksgiving and the end of the year I was working between 10 and 20 hours of overtime a week, with most weeks being closer to 20 then 10. Since the first of the year I'm back near 40 hour weeks.  In addition to the extra hours at work I was involved in a challenge on the daily mile going from December 15th through January 15th.  The competition was about who could put in the most time doing cardio activities.  I put in 49 hours, averaging about 100 minutes a day throughout the challenge.

The past week I've been feeling a little odd,which I find unexpected because I'm not as busy as I was a month ago.  Most of my workouts now are geared around the marathon training program, with some biking thrown in to aid in recovery and keeping my non running leg muscles in good shape. I've lost some of the fire I had when I was in my cardio competition.

I'm not sure if I'm burned out from so much activity, or if it's more related to the sudden slow down and losing some of my routine. Following my own advice for dealing with burnout I rested last night and this morning.  This afternoon I'll run at least 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym and see how it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment