Friday, June 3, 2011

Heading into the racing season

Since the Fargo Marathon I've had a couple of weeks to relax before the crazy racing season hits.  I've been recovering well and starting to get back into my training schedule.  Tomorrow is the Buffalo River State Park 10k.  I'm excited to hopefully improve on my 10k PR and to have a chance to do an event with most of my running friends.

The following weekend is the Liberty Half Ironman.  I'm starting to get nervous about that event.  I'm hoping I'll make the cut offs, but I think there's a good chance I won't be able to even start the run portion of the event. I'm trying not to worry too much about it, and just have confidence that I'll be able to make it through.

The Y has a summer challenge that's been keeping me focused the past few days. Each day you go to the Y you get a stamp on a card that can be redeemed for prizes as you accumulate the stamps.  It's funny how small things like this keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment