Monday, January 16, 2012

The weather is finally turning cold

This morning Erin and I went out for a run.  We were shooting for 4 miles, but wound up a little short.  The strong north wind had us picking a route with as many buildings blocking the wind as possible. My calf pain has been getting better the past few runs. I notice it after a mile or so and it seems to fade away after I get in about 3 miles. Spraying my legs down with cold water in the shower seems to be helping too.

On Saturday the training group ran from the Fargo Running Company.  17 of us showed up for the run. The weather was perfect, a little cold with a slight breeze and we got to run on freshly fallen snow. I had a lot of fun chatting with everyone.  The week prior we ran from Connie and Ray's house and had around 10 people, I forgot the exact count.

Last week I was able to run outside in shorts, I think it's going to be a few months before that happens again.  When it turned really cold I had forgotten just how bad the cold can be, but after a few runs outside in the cold I think I'm starting to acclimate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment