Friday, April 15, 2011

Pre-race planning

With Trail Mix coming up this weekend I'm starting to get some of the pre-event nervousness creeping in.  I'm confident I've prepared well enough and I was able to make it through 30 miles just a few weeks ago, but you never know what new obstacles might pop up during the event.  The past couple of weeks I've lowered my weekly mileage and included more rest days. I'm still trying to find the fine line between well rested and loosing fitness.  The forecast is calling for snow the next few days, hopefully that doesn't impact things too much for us.

Below is a checklist I've started of stuff to bring with.  I'm also trying to find the balance between packing too much and not enough.

  • Fuel and Hydration
    • Nutty bars
    • 5 hour energy
    • Poweraid
    • Shot Bloks
    • Endurolites
    • Hydration Pack?
    • Hand held bottles
  • Clothing for race
    • Shorts, or tights
    • Windbreaker
    • Fleece
    • Gators
    • Extra dry clothes
      • Socks
      • Shoes
      • Top
  • Clothing for post race
    • Compression socks
    • Alternate shoes
    • Shower stuff
  • Misc
    • Garmin
    • Camera
    • Moleskin
    • Towels
    • Zip lock bags?
    • Blanket?
    • Chairs?
    • Sunscreen
    • Cooler
      • Ice Packs
      • Recovery shake

No comments:

Post a Comment