Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pancakes

Todays long run with the group was 11 miles.  Since the run was from the store I opted to get in 4 bonus miles by running to the store.  The weather was great.  Lower 20s with a light wind out of the East, much warmer then the 17 below Thursday morning when I last ran to the store. After the run was the annual pancake feed at the dome.  The past few years I've enjoyed doing our Saturday group run and then going for pancakes afterwards.  This year was no exception.  After almost 16 miles I really enjoyed hanging out with Rick and his family and chowing down on the pancakes.

This weeks training was fairly uneventful. Monday was a rest day as normal.  Tuesday morning I did half mile intervals on the treadmill at the gym for a total of 6 miles.  Average speed wasn't quite as fast a tempo run, but the workout felt good.  I snuck in a hard 45 minute ride on the bike at the gym that night before my company christmas party that night.  Wednesday morning was a cold windy run with Erin.  We headed Northwest into the wind and got in a little over 6.5 miles.  Wednesday night was a hard hour on the bike and 15 minutes on the rowing machine. Thursday morning was an 8 mile run, 4 to the store and 4 with Erin, and that afternoon I mixed it up at the gym with the rowing machine, biking, and the elliptical.  Friday Erin and I crossed trained at the gym so I was on the elliptical again and a machine that sort of mimics the motion of skating.  It's a lot of time spent training, but I think all of the cross training helps keep things balanced and injury free.

No comments:

Post a Comment